Entirely Acrylics on Gallery Wrapped Canvas
Finished Edges (1&1/2 inch deep) Needs no Frame
Discovery of a way to crinkle acrylic paint for a poppy effect, round acrylic ball invention for poppy bud, 3D stems & leaves with dreamy background, make this one unusual dimensional painting. After 3 weeks of blasting through one test after another, Ruth Collis invents yet another acrylic paint invention once again.
Top of the line technology in the arts, these remarkable poppies are not made of silk flowers, nor wrinkled up paper streamers. They are made literally out of a paint medium of paste. It dries looking and feeling like foam, very light and airy, but is really an all acrylic paint product.
Some obstacles Ruth had to push through, getting the:
- Poppies wrinkled to resemble a realistic poppy
- Petals curved twice - once to bowl upward off the flat surface & once to curve the outer edges to be round
- Stamen to stay up with structure & not fall over
- Flower buds to form a round solid ball out of paint
- Background to have a dreamy complimenting look